How we use this multi-tasking superfood
Clean Cosmetics & Healthy Makeup
Watermelon is more than just a buzzy skincare ingredient. It has endless benefits in clean cosmetics. Incorporating watermelon extract into your natural beauty routine can help improve your skin’s texture and tone and hydrate from the inside out.
There’s nothing we love more than watermelon. It’s summer in a nutshell to our healthy makeup brand. Let’s dive into why the juiciness is more than just nostalgic. It has healthy beauty benefits that can lead you to supple skin and colorful smiles.
- Full of antioxidants such as lycopene and vitamins A and C, which help reduce free radicals that cause aging. Vitamin A can also encourage collagen production andthe growth of elastic cells to keep your skin looking young.
- Contains a natural substance that helps to shrink body tissues, making it a natural toner to refresh your face.
- Can help with eczema with aiding in intense hydration.
- Can help with acne by reducing the amount of oil that your sebaceous glands secrete.
Helps calm inflamed areas and heal damage from breakouts.
- Loaded with Vitamin E to rejuvenate the skin.
Simple Snacks & Healthy Recipes
Watermelon may be majorly trending right now. But to us, it's not a fad. Want to talk multi-tasking healthy beauty? Slice it, mix it, chop it, blend it. In addition to being one of the best healthy makeup brand ingredients, here are a few more reasons why we love watermelon.
Watermelon Summer Salad
Let 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onions stand in a bowl with 1 tbsp fresh lime juice for 10 minutes. In a large bowl combine seed watermelon cubes, 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese, 1 cup fresh chopped mint, and onions in lime juice, Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss and serve!
For quick, super easy, and refreshing hors devours: spear watermelon cube, feta, and mint leaf on a toothpick.
Watermelon Aqua Fresca
Start with a large seedless watermelon and cut into 2-inch pieces. In a blender, combine half of the watermelon and 1 cup cold water and blend until smooth. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher; discard solids. Repeat with remaining watermelon and 1 cup cold water. You should have about 8 cups juice. Stir in 1 tbsp lime juice and agave and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve well-chilled over ice.
Spicy Skinny Watermeon Snack
Mix 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Place watermelon pieces in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with spice mixture and a half of lime squeeze. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.