shipping orders & sending you sunshine
Spring can come at you fast. Especially after a winter that felt like an eternity. The first few days where the weather creeps up above 70 degrees and you can hardly wait to slide on some shorts and find a patio with a glass of rose.
The flowers are blooming, the sun is out, spring is here and summer is right around the corner. The only thing holding you back from propelling your body into an insta-perfect field of wildflowers in a sundress and sandals...your uh-somewhat pasty North of The Wall legs.
Don't fret, leave that tank top you laid out for brunch on the bed. There are sustainable nontoxic beauty ways to get the golden color you want that looks like natural makeup. Here are a few tips on how to get a perfect summer glow using healthy beauty products and tricks in seconds.
1. Go green. Another reason to eat more vegetables and add avocado to your day. The healthy fats and phytonutrients hydrate and plump the skin from the inside out.
2. Sweaty is the new sexy. A cardio sesh does the skin wonders. When the blood starts circulating, oxygen goes to the brain and color rushes to the face. The results of a quick sweat session are mental clarity and a healthy beauty from dewy skin.
3. Have sex. The after-glow is real. The hormone DHEA that's released when you climax is directly link to a healthy beauty look. Go for a quicky and your face will be radiating.
4. Sleep more. This has become a common thing in almost all of our posts. Because it's a cure to almost every ailment. When you skip on sleep, your skin is dull. Catch some extra zzz's and be consistent and you'll skin will be visibly thankful.
5. Chill out. Meditate, deep breathe. Do all the things that bring you down to earth. Keep oxygen flowing to the face and the blood properly circulating to sustain the glowy color you've been stressing about getting.
In addition to these healthy beauty practices are some natural makeup techniques that will get the body glowing. Because we all feel 10 pounds thinner with a tan.
Exfoliate in the shower by using a scrub, shaving, and working your body brush. Make sure you find the best natural beauty product to give you the color that's right for you. Some nontoxic beauty products are invisible and gradually darken, others give you a temporary bronze till you shower again, and others give you a combination of instant wash-off color with the lasting tan setting over the next 4 to 6 hours. I personally have found that I like using a mouse. It dries more quickly so you don't have to hang around the house naked for hours (unless you want to) and it doesn't seem to come off on your sheets. Finally, once you're all bronzed and hot, moisturize moisturize moisturize. The key to maintaining the color is to lock it in with moisture. If you want deeper color, don't exfoliate but apply another layer, wait, and moisturize again.
There's nothing like the instant boost of confidence you get from having a good tan. All of a sudden you want to show off your legs, wear less natural makeup and plan your next beach vacation. The most important thing is to protect your skin from real sun damage. You faked it so you can make it. SPF all the way baby.
Your message will appear by the next rising sun.